Smeaton Dogwood – Terms and Conditions
- Please do not arrive in the car park more than five minutes before your booking is due to
start. Please keep your dog(s) in your vehicle until the wood is vacant.
- When entering and leaving the park, please be aware of other dogs and give them sufficient
space as they may not be as friendly as yours.
- The maximum number of dogs in the park at any one time should not exceed 8.
- Your dog remains your own responsibility whilst using the park and should not be left
- Please ensure that you close the gate properly when you enter the park. It is your
responsibility that the gate is secure and your dog cannot escape through or under the gate.
- You are responsible for picking up your dog’s poo and place it in the bin provided.
- Our poo policy is that if you see it you should pick it up. Given the size of the wood, it is
possible you may miss your dog’s poo. However, if you see any poo please pick it up and if someone
else finds your dog’s poo and they should pick it up. Help us keep the woods clean and dog poo free
for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Please discourage your dog from making excessive noise whilst on site.
- Do not allow your dog to dig holes in the wood.
- Please take all balls and toys that you bring into the wood with you. If these have been
chewed or broken, you must ensure that the wood is cleaned up and these are removed.
- When you are finished, you must lock the gate and set the code to 0000.
- Please leave on time when your booking is up, especially if another user is waiting. If you
are waiting to enter the park, please allow sufficient space for the previous user to leave.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, we may deem it necessary to cancel your
booking. We will endeavour to provide reasonable notice of cancellation and offer you an alternative
date and time if available.
- Refunds will only be given where we have had to cancel the booking. Bookings are non-
- Puppies from 8 weeks old are welcome but we require all dogs to be immunised before use
of the woods. In addition, we request your dog(s) have up to date worm treatments.
- You may bring in season bitches to the wood.
- If your dog has developed signs of kennel cough, sickness or diarrhoea in the past 72 hours,
we request that you refrain from the use of our facilities. In the event that your dog shows any of
the symptoms listed above, or any illness which is likely to pose a risk to the welfare of any other
dogs, wood users or staff can ask you to leave the wood immediately and no monies will be
- Furthermore, we will not be held responsible for any injury or illness contracted by any dog
or person who uses our woods.
- We will not accept any responsibility for injury, illness or death of your dog from using our
facilities. You are advised to insure your pet for all eventualities.
- Smeaton Dogwood accepts no liability for any losses suffered whilst using the company’s
- You accept that your use and enjoyment of the secure wood, which includes the car park
and path leading to the wood is entirely at your own risk. You agree not to hold Smeaton Dogwood,
its owners or staff responsible for any injury to you, your family/friends or your dog(s) arising from
your use and enjoyment of the wood. Moreover, the fenced section of the wood is a large outdoor
space, with the potential for areas of uneven ground or holes which could be concealed under long
grass or other vegetation, and may from time to time have overhanging branches from trees around
the edges which may fall or have fallen and could contain other hazards consistent with the
countryside and, any as such, any incidence of same which causes or contributes to injury to you,
your family, friends or your dog(s); Smeaton Dogwood cannot be held liable.
- As part of your use and enjoyment of the secure wood, you agree not to let anyone else into
the secure fenced area, other than any friends or family members you have brought with you to
enjoy walking your dogs.
- You accept that all equipment in the woods is only for the use of the dogs and you will not
climb, play or stand on any of the equipment or permit anyone else to do so. You agree not to hold
Smeaton Dogwood, its owners or staff responsible for any injury to you, your family, friends or your
dog(s) arising from your use of the equipment in the wood.
- In the event of bringing a friend or family member, or sending somebody in place of you, you
agree that you assume responsibility for their safety and ensure that they abide by these terms and
conditions at all times whilst using the wood.
- As part of your use, you agree not to enter any buildings or other parts of the premises,
including any restricted areas of the wood.
- The fences and gate are regularly checked. However, you agree to be mindful of any holes or
other damage to the fence or gate. Such damage may occur from time to time for various reasons,
including digging by dogs or other animals (which may cause an opening or breach in either the gate
or fence), falling trees or branches and general wear and tear. If you observe any issue with the
fence or gate, please make us aware immediately so that we can alert other users and we can repair
it as soon as possible. Smeaton Dogwood cannot accept responsibility for any dog escaping the
wood through either the gate or fence, irrespective of whether this is a consequence of a defect in
the fence or gate or whether we have notified you in advance or not.
- Smeaton Dogwood cannot be held liable for any injury to your dog in and around the
premises. Accordingly, all dogs must be kept on a secure leash between the car park and the secure
wood. In addition, Smeaton Dogwood will not be liable for any injury or damage sustained or caused
by your dog in the event that the dog becomes untethered. This includes, but is in no way restricted
to; your dog running wild in or out-with the car park or path, or suffering injury or harm on near-by
road(s), or being attacked by another dog.
- As part of your use and enjoyment of the wood you agree to abide by any applicable Laws
and or Guidance issued by the Scottish Government, United Kingdom Government or Local Authority
to protect you and other users (including our staff) from infection and or transmission of COVID-19.You accept that you enter and use the wood at your own risk. Smeaton Dogwood will not accept
liability for infection or transmission of COVID-19 which occurs on their wood or premises.
Special rules for booking the woods during the Covid-19 Pandemic:
- You must be able to get to and from the wood safely and exercise within the Government guidelines.
- You must adhere to the Government restrictions on the number of people who can meet up outdoors.
- You must not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your slot is due to start.
- You must maintain a social distance in line with government’s latest guidance at all times.
- Please clean your hands before opening the lock and entering the wood.
- At the end of your slot you must vacate the wood and leave promptly.
- Please clean your hands after leaving the wood.
- Anyone found or reported for overstaying their slot or breaking any of these special rules may be banned.